New Employee Orientation
Welcome to Cal State Northridge! We are happy to have you join our CSUN team and wish you the very best as you begin your career here.
New Employee Orientation is held every other month. New employees are automatically signed up for attendance. If you missed your scheduled orientation or would like to confirm your participation, please contact Monique Villegas in the Office of Human Resources at (818) 677-6566, or email Monique.Villegas.email@example.com.
New Employee Orientation is open to all CSUN staff and faculty members. If you have been here for many years and aren't sure about what's new on campus, or if, perhaps, you don't know how to access information about CalPERS and your other benefits, you'll find this informative session quite helpful. Professional development opportunities and the various retirement plans available to CSU employees are among the many topics reviewed. If you're a current employee and would like to attend the next orientation progoram, please ask your supervisor for permission.
March 27th * 9:00 a.m. — 12:00 p.m. OV 16
May 7th * 9:00 a.m. — 12:00 p.m. OV 16
The following are among the topics that are adresses at New Employee Orientation:
- Cal State Northridge Overview
- Police Services and Emergency Preparedness
- Employee Benefits:
- Time Off Benefits - Paid and Unpaid
- Health Benefits - Medical, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Income Protection Benefits
- Survivor Protection Benefits
- Retirement Plan - Voluntary & Mandatory
- Benefits in Retirement
- Professional Development Programs
- Fee Waiver Program
- Employee Gym and Pool Use
- Employee Use of the Student Health Center
- Employee Use of the Library
- Payroll ...Parking...Employee Discounts
- The functions of the Offices of Human Resources; Employee Relations; Equity and Diversity; and the Department of Environmental Health and Safety
- Information technology at CSUN
In addition to the above information which we believe you will find interesting, NEWO provides information that each employee is responsible for knowing, including the university's emergency preparedness and zero tolerance policies.
On behalf of the entire California State University Northridge community, welcome to CSUN!
Lauren N. Nile, Esq.
Manager, Professional Development Programs