NOTE: All fee waiver application links are located at the bottom of this page.
- All eligible represented and non-represented employees may enroll in a maximum of two courses or six units per semester, whichever is greater.
- Courses may be taken for a grade or credit/no credit, but may not be audited.
- Employees may enroll in additional units/courses by paying any additional fees at the regular rate. These additional units/courses are not considered part of the Employee Fee Waiver and Tuition Reduction program, and thus shall not be taken as release time.
- CSU Fee Waiver & Reduction Program eligibility is determined by the campus of employment; however, the campus of enrollment determines fees, deadlines, etc.
- Enrollment in the Fee Waiver and Tuition Reduction program does not apply to self-supported programs, including enrollment in the Tseng College of Extended Learning.
- If you are enrolling as a new fee waiver participant, the university application fee of $55 will be waived.
- For information on how to register for classes, contact Admissions and Records at x3700. The enrollment form is online; click on https://www.csun.edu/matador/.
The Office of Human Resources has enhanced the application process for the CSU Fee Wavier and Reduction Program. The online application replaces previous paper applications.
- Scroll down to the appropriate term and click on the CSU Employee Fee Waiver and Reduction Program Application link. This link is different for each term and should be accessed and completed each time you wish to use this benefit.
- Fee Waiver requests must be completed online by the appropriate deadline.
- An e-mail indicating receipt of request will be sent to all participants one week after each deadline. If you do not receive an e-mail, please follow up with Fee Waiver Coordinator to verify your request was received.
- Your enrollment with the university may be cancelled if all applicable fees are not paid by the required deadlines.
Please click on the link below to access the fee waiver application: (This application are for CSUN staff and faculty only.)
For further questions, please send your e-mail to the Fee Waiver Coordinator.