Which Medical Plans are Available
HMO (Health Maintenance Organizations)
In these plans you must go to certain health care facilities and receive medical care from the doctors at those facilities.
- Blue Shield HMO
- Blue Shield NetValue
- Kaiser Permanente HMO
- Anthem Blue Cross HMO
- Health Net Salud y Mas HMO
- Health Net Smartcare HMO
- United HealthCare HMO
PPO's (Preferred Provider Organizations)
In these plans you may receive medical care from the doctor of your choice and at the hospital of your choice. Certain doctors and hospitals, however, are part of the PPO network. If you use those doctors and hospitals, the PPO will pay a higher percentage of your bills.
What is my Premium?
Health Care Premium Comparison Chart (NEW! 2013-14)
Who is Eligible for Coverage?
- You, the employee
- Your spouse
- Registered Domestic Partner
- Your children and step-children under age 26 who depend on you for economic support and who have never been married. When adding a parent-child relationship, additional documentation may be required.
- Children under age 18, in your legal custody.
- Children over age 26 who became disabled before age 26 and who depend on you for economic support.